2. Onions (Chopped) -- 1Cup
3. Grated Coconut -- 1Cup
4. Peanuts -- 1Cup
5. Sesame Seeds -- 1Cup
6. Tamarind Juice -- 1/4Cup
7. Mustard Seeds -- 2tbsp
8. Cumin Seeds -- 2tbsp
9. Fenugreek Seeds -- 1/2tbsp
10. Ginger-Garlic Paste -- 2tbsp
11. Green Chilli -- 5 or 6
12. Red Chilli Powder -- 1Tbsp
13. Curry Powder -- 1Tbsp
14. Turmeric Powder -- 1/4tbsp
14. Coriander Powder -- 1Tbsp
15. Jaggery (Grated) -- 2tbsp (This is Optional)
16. Asafoetida -- 1/4tbsp
17. Oil -- To Fry Egg Plants
18. Salt -- To Taste
Method To Prepare
1. First fry the Peanuts, Sesame Seeds and Coconut Separately without adding oil and keep them aside to get cooled.
2. Then after they get cooled grind them into fine paste by adding sufficient water.
3. Now heat oil in a pan and fry the Eggplants.
4. Then heat 2-3 tbsp of oil in other pan and add Mustard Seeds, Cumin Seeds and Green Chilli. Fry them till the mustard seeds start popping.
5. Then add chopped onions. Fry them by adding Salt and Ginger-Garlic Paste till they turn transparent.
6. Once the onions are fried add red chilli powder, coriander powder, curry powder, turmeric powder. Mix it well and add the peanut, sesame seeds, coconut paste made earlier.
Add suffiecient water and Mix it well by adding Tamarind Juice.
7. Let it cook for 10-15min by closing it with a lid.
8. Then add the fried eggplants to it and again cook it for 15min by closing with a lid.
9. Finally the Tasty Bagara Baingan is Ready to Serve. Transfer it to the Serving Bowl and garnish with the Fresh Coriander Leaves.